Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wow I can do it.

It has now been one hole week. I have managed to keep the house clean, the laundry done and the family happy. I never thought this day would come. I actually have a clean house and a even happier husband.

A few tips that I have learned over the last week are:
  • Definately, get the kids involved. Make them clean up after them selves. Find ways they can help that are age appropriate. My 4 year old can put his own plate in the sink,(I may have food to clean up but at least its in the sink and not on the floor) and my 6 year old can clean her own room. (even though she says she can't.)
  • Play music while cleaning the house. pick a good cd or go to Playlist.com and make a list of your favorite songs that will get you motivated. then crank it up and clean away.
  • Schedule your time. Chaos starts when there is no plan. If you know what needs to be done and have a plan of action then life will be alot easier.
  • Plan your meals. Planning a menu also helps make things run smoothly. Between bowling night and girlscouts and anything that may be going on, knowing what is planned will help you get the family fed before or after any event happening at home.

So now that I have realized that I am able to manage this I am really looking forword to staying home with my kids alllllllll summer long. I actually cant wait till they go back to school. what will i do with my self then.????

No comments:

Post a Comment